Letters to the Editor

Letters posted to the Everett Herald of Snohomish County.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Married, plenty of pets.

Monday, September 29, 2008

SOME OF US ARE ALREADY HOMELESS BECAUSE OF HIGH RENTS

After reading a recent letter on the high rents here in Snohomish County (particularly Everett), the writer should take some solace in knowing that because of this trend, my wife and I are being forced out onto the streets because we can no longer afford any place of our own.

Even on Section 8 housing.

But because of some minor credit problems, we cannot rent from anyone whom runs an apartment complex.

And in the 13 years I've lived here (since coming up from Vermont), I have never seen it this bad. But I fear it may be several years before we can get back on our feet.

Only because this foreclosure mess and credit crisis has affected practically everyone with a source of income--even those on fixed like myself.

I wish there was a lifeline that we could hold onto, but the sad fact is...? Every state and city service is tapped beyond measure.

All we can do is wait till things get better.

Schuyler Thorpe

XX XXX XXXX

Everett, WA 98206

(XXX)-XXX-XXXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home